If you are just getting started in private practice, don’t forget that you will need receipts. Here is the information that you will need to include on your receipt:
- Date of Service,
- Client’s Name,
- Time Spent in Session,
- CPT Codes for the Services You Offer, [link updated 01-08-13]
- Your Fee for Service,
- Amount of Payment,
- Your Professional Name and Credentials,
- Your Phone Number,
- Your Full Address (both office location and mailing),
- Your Mental Health License Number(s),
- Your National Provider Identification Number (often referred to as NPI#), and
- Your Federal Tax Identification Number (often referred to as EIN#).
You can go to office supply stores like Office Depot, to have three-ply copies of receipts made. Or, you can order large quantities through online suppliers like Medical Art Press. If you use other suppliers for printing your receipts for professional services, feel free to suggest them below!