If you are looking at your marketing calendar and trying to decide where to focus your energy for the month of October, how about Breast Cancer Awareness Month?
According to the American Cancer Society, almost 200,000 new cases of invasive breast cancer will be diagnosed in 2009. Over 40,000 women are expected to die from this disease this year. It is the second leading cause of death (lung cancer is the first) in women in the United States so you have plenty of good reasons to get involved.
Here are some ways to make a difference
AND get your practice noticed . . . .
- Invite a physician into your practice to discuss breast cancer with your clients.
- Send a letter to health care providers letting them know that you will be providing extended hours or reduced fees for referrals breast cancer patients during the month of October.
- Provide a free breast cancer support group. Hold it at the local library and let the local newspaper know the details.
- Join one of the many fund raising opportunities like the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer in New York.
- If you’ve had a personal experience with breast cancer, consider writing / speaking about the experience to women’s groups around your area.
- Create your own fundraiser. Ask other therapists to help you. Get the media involved.
You can find a list of additional ways to help promote National Breast Cancer Awareness Month here.