A few weeks ago, my videographer colleague and friend Ernesto Segismundo and I were talking about why it’s so important to build a vibrant community online.
Those of you who have already attended BlogStart for Therapists know the answer, right?
Having engaged followers of your online work means that not only are you providing amazing content on your blog through videos, podcasts and text, but that you’ve got your tribe actually talking about your work up and down your street and online, too!
As a follow up to that converstaion with Ernesto, he decided to record an interview with me.
In it we cover:
- What an online community is and why you need one;
- How to know what type of community you want to build;
- When to monetize your online community;
- The cost of Shiny Object Syndrome;
- The importance of real time engagement in your community;
- The value of commiting to a posting schedule on your blog and the consequence of inconsistency;
- The ideal frequency for posting your videos, podcasts, and text;
- Calls to action as “baby steps” to new clients; and,
- Where the real value in online communities lies.
And, of course, being a Southern girl, my mother always taught me to bring a gift to my host and his audience so I’m leaving you with my little e-book 25 Ways to Ethically and Effective Build Your Online Community.
Here’s a link to the entire interview – How to Build a Community Around Your Website – with Ernesto and me!
Don’t forget to listen to the whole thing so you can download my “thank you” gift as well!